Sunday, March 11, 2012

2 Posts Next Week, some Cohen and Buddha until then

This was a busy (but terrific) week and I didn't find time to write a blog post. Not that I have any illusions of an eager audience out there dying to read my latest piece of brilliance, but I set a goal for myself to write something new and meaningful (for me) each week for the remainder of the semester. This coming week is midterms, the following week is my spring break so I will absolutely find time to write two posts by next Sunday to make up for this week. 


Until then, some lyrics from Leonard Cohen song that's really been speaking to me:


"Anthem"


The birds they sang 
at the break of day

Start again 
I heard them say 
Don't dwell on what 
has passed away 
or what is yet to be.

Ah the wars they will
be fought again
The holy dove
She will be caught again
bought and sold
and bought again
the dove is never free.

Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything 
That's how the light gets in.
_____


And a teaching from the Buddha that's been helpful in the past week:

“Fair goes the dancing when the Sitar is tuned.

Tune us the Sitar neither high nor low,
And we will dance away the hearts of men.


But the string too tight breaks, and the music dies.

The string too slack has no sound, and the music dies.

There is a middle way.

Tune us the Sitar neither low nor high.
And we will dance away the hearts of men.”





No comments:

Post a Comment